Nowadays, there are so many products of anode rod for ao smith water heater in the market and you are wondering to choose a best one.You have searched for anode rod for ao smith water heater in many merchants, compared about products prices & reviews before deciding to buy them.
You are in RIGHT PLACE.
Here are some of best sellings anode rod for ao smith water heater which we would like to recommend with high customer review ratings to guide you on quality & popularity of each items.
839 reviews analysed
1. About Fluid | Aluminum Zinc Flexible Anode Rod KIT for Water Heaters | INCLUDES1-1/16" DEEP WELL SOCKET | Brass Cap | Teflon Tape | 44 Inches Long | GETS RID OF STINKY ROTTEN EGG SMELLING WATER!
- FITS: Almost all water heaters including
- Rheem, Reliance, Richmond, Kenmore, State, GE and many more that also use the standard ¾” NPT Anode Rod Connection. The INCLUDED 1-1/16” Deep Well Socket will fit and remove your old anode rod and install your new anode upgrade. You can be certain that you won’t have any leaks by using the INCLUDED Full Roll of Pipe Sealing Teflon Tape. The Large Roll of Teflon Tape leaves you with plenty left over for the next time you check your anode rod’s condition.
- GET RID OF THE EMBARRASSING ROTTEN EGG SMELL IN YOUR HOME with our Aluminum / Zinc Anode Rod! Did you know that the magnesium anode rod inside your hot water tank is the number one key contributor to the production of your smelly, hydrogen sulfide gas? About Fluid solved this problem by creating a flexible anode rod made from an Aluminum/Zinc Alloy, instead of magnesium. This unique alloy works everyday, controlling and killing the bacteria responsible for the sulfur and rotten egg smelling gas.
- LEARN FROM PROFESSIONALS using our Easy-To-Follow, Step-by-step instructions. Our Licensed Plumbers and Instructors have decades of experience. They gathered together and documented exactly how they install anode rods, and we have included every step in our manual. Our Instructions are written by Plumbers and translated for everyday problem-solvers like you. The Brass Cap is there to place on your drain, after you’re done, just to be certain your floors are always dry.
- WATER HEATER INSTALLED IN A TIGHT SPACE? Even if your water heater is located in a small or tight space, this 44 Inch-long rod is hinged into four segments, less than 12 Inches long each. Each segment can be easily lowered, one-by-one, into your water heater. If the over-all length is a little too long(rare cases), just safely cut it shorter with a simple hacksaw. All you provide is a ½ Inch Ratchet or Breaker Bar, a few common hand tools, a friend and your favorite beverage! (not included).
- CHANGE THE ANODE ROD, NOT THE WATER HEATER.The anode rod in your water heater is designed to decay instead of your Water’s Heater Tank itself. Eventually, the anode rod is completely consumed (usually just before your water heater warranty is up) and the Water Heater Tank begins to decay and ultimately rusts,fails,cracks and leaks. This is why maintaining the anode rod (by checking and or replacing every 2 years) in your water heater insures the anode rod decays, and not your water heater!
YOU’VE GOT THIS!
WE’LL WALK YOU THROUGH EACH EASY STEP.
1. FITS: Most water heaters including Rheem, Reliance, Richmond, kenmore, State, GE, and many more that use this HEX TYPE (6-sided top that looks like a bolt) ¾”or 0.80” diameter anode.
2. EASY-TO-FOLLOW, STEP-BY-STEP INSTRUCTIONS. Do It Yourself Instructions, written by plumbers and translated for everyday problem solvers like you.
3. WIN THE WAR ON SMELLY WATER! Never have to explain that smell again!
4. ELIMINATE HYDROGEN SULFIDE GAS. Just replace your existing magnesium anode rod with the About Fluid Aluminum/Zinc rod and eliminate that rotten-egg-smelling, hydrogen sulfide gas, in your hot water.
5. EVERYTHING YOU NEED IS INCLUDED FOR EASY INSTALLATION. This Complete Kit includes all-four necessary components:(1) Aluminum/Zinc Flexible Anode with a ¾ Inch diameter and 44 Inches long, capped with the standard ¾ NPT hex plug (2) Heavy-duty, ½ Inch Drive, 1-1/16” Deep-Well Chrome Vanadium Socket Tool (3) Large roll of Teflon Tape and(4) the Brass Cap for your drain valve. All you provide is a ½ Inch ratchet or breaker-bar.
6. YOU CAN REST ASSURED YOU HAVE THE RIGHT SOCKET. This complete kit INCLUDES the 1-1/16” Socket required for this Anode upgrade.
7. NO LEAKS! Be certain that you won’t have any leaks by using the INCLUDED Full Roll of Pipe Sealing Teflon Tape. The Large Roll of Teflon Tape leaves you with plenty left over for the next time you check your anode rod’s condition.
8. NO DRIPS! We included a Brass cap you can thread onto your drain after your done, just to be sure your floor is always dry.
9. SAVE YOUR TANK AND SAVE $. This sacrificial anode rod will decay instead of your hot water tank. That’s it’s job!
10. INSTALLS-ANYWHERE-DESIGN Using flexible, hinged short sections that are lowered one-by-one into the water heater.
2. AO Smith 100108260 Aluminum Anode Rod
Replacement 3/4 In. x 29 In. anode rod for Reliance water heaters.
From the Manufacturer
Anode rods protect the water heater tank from corrosion.
3. Powered Anode Rod System 100305721 for A.O. Smith, Reliance, State, American, Whirlpool, and Craftmaster Branded Hot Water Heaters Up to 50 gallons
- The Product Preservers Powered Anode System uses patented adaptive technology that quickly adjusts to your water type providing the precise amount of current needed to deliver the best protection for your water heater tank
- Consistent protection is paramount in maintaining the integrity of the steel water heater tank. Built-in LED fault light and audible alarm provides peace of mind knowing the system is working properly
- Installation is made easy for professionals with a small control box that can plug into any standard 120 volt wall outlet
- Eliminates smelly water issues caused by sacrificial magnesium anodes
- Great for softened water applications
4. Blue Lightning 79098 Residental Magnesium Flexible Anode Rod, Hex Plug, 44-Inch
5. E-SDS Residental Magnesium Flexible Anode Rod for Water Heater,Prevent Corrosion Within your Water Heater,Hex Plug,3/4" Thread,44-Inch Long,0.80" Diameter
- Corrosion Protection: Replacing your anode rod at regular intervals may increase the life of your water heater, saving you money, time and the inconvenience of having to replace your water heater.Anode rod is expected to provide about two years of corrosion protection.
- Flexible Design for Tight Areas: The Flexible anode rod went in very easy because it is segmented into four sections that allow you to bend it at the hinge or difficult access points making it an easy install.
- Advantages of Magnesium Anode Rods: Made from magnesium to provide a healthy solution to your needs and more effective at keeping the water tank from corroding than Aluminum rods.
- Fits: Almost all water heaters including
- Rheem, Reliance, Richmond, Kenmore, State, GE and many more that also use the standard ¾” NPT Anode Rod Connection.44″ overall length,each section is about 9 1/2″ long.
- Warranty: If you have any questions or issues with your product, contact our customer service team
- A representative will be more than happy to assist you.
6. About Fluid | MAGNESIUM Flexible Anode Rod, INCLUDES 1-1/16" Hex Socket, Complete Kit for Water Heaters | Teflon Tape | Hi Temp Brass Cap | Easy-To-Follow, Step-By-Step Instructions | 44 Inches Long.
- ABOUT FLUID’S MAGNESIUM ANODE ROD KIT is the fastest and best choice to prevent your water heater from dissolving itself from the inside out! With the average cost to have a water heater replaced crossing over the $1,400.00 mark, replacing your anode rod is cheap peace-of-mind. This kit makes it simple with everything you need and easy-to-follow, step-by-step instructions, all in one box. Have stinky rotten egg smelling hot water? Search For our About Fluid ALUMINUM / ZINC Anode Rod Kit.
- KIT INCLUDES! (1) HEX-TYPE ANODE ROD, most water heaters use this kit’s ¾ NPT Anode Rod (2) BRASS CAP, just in case you don’t trust your drain valve to shut completely (3) HARD-TO-FIND 1-1/16”, 6-POINT DEEP-WELL CHROME VANADIUM SOCKET, fits both your old and your new anode (4) PIPE SEALING TEFLON TAPE, with plenty left over for the next time you check your anode’s condition (5) INSTRUCTIONS. All you provide is a ½ Inch Ratchet or Breaker Bar, a friend and your favorite beverage! (not included).
- WATER HEATERS BURST AND YOU CAN PREVENT THIS! I began my plumbing apprenticeship in the 90s. The plumbers I worked for would say “they must place a self-destructing device in water heaters, timed to go off just after the warranty is over,” then shake their heads as we dragged a 7-year-old, rusty-sludge-spewing water heater away to the nearest recycling center. The plumbers weren’t entirely wrong, they just got it backwards. Next>
- WHAT I’VE LEARNED: Manufactures install an anode rod in every water heater at the factory because they know their tanks will quickly rust and fail without one. The anode rod takes the destruction from a chemical process called electrolysis so the tank doesn’t have to. If the water heater has a 6 year warranty, the Anode Rod is sized to last about 5 years in laboratory conditions. Longer warranties on water heaters come with a new decal for the outside of the tank and a slightly larger Anode Rod.
- CHANGING THE ANODE ROD IS EASY, REPLACING YOUR WATER HEATER IS NOT! Anodes are designed to be easily and regularly replaced. Their only purpose is to decay instead of your water heater, and that’s exactly what it will do. As soon as the anode rod is depleted and fully decayed, the water heater begins to rust, then crack, fail and leak. Inspecting and changing your anode rod every 2 years will keep your water heater’s tank, strong reliable and off your mind!
YOU CAN DO THIS!
WE’LL WALK YOU THROUGH EACH EASY STEP
1. EASY-TO-FOLLOW, STEP-BY-STEP INSTRUCTIONS.Do It Yourself Instructions, written by plumbers and translated for everyday problem solvers like you.
2. EVERYTHING YOU NEED IS INCLUDED FOR EASY INSTALLATION. This Complete Kit includes all-four necessary components: (1) 44 Inch long Magnesium Flexible Anode with a ¾ Inch diameter using the standard ¾ NPT hex plug connection (2) Heavy-duty, ½ Inch Drive, 1-1/16” Deep-Well Chrome Vanadium Socket Tool (3) Large roll of Teflon Tape and a Brass hose Cap. All you provide is a ½ Inch ratchet or breaker-bar.
3. YOU CAN REST ASSURED YOU HAVE THE RIGHT SOCKET. Use the included 1-1/16” Socket to remove the old anode rod and to quickly install your new anode.
4. NO LEAKS! We include a full-roll of Teflon Tape to ensure you will not have leaks and will also have, plenty left-over for next time.
5. NO DRIPS! We included a Brass cap you can thread onto your drain after your done, just to be sure your floor is always dry.
6. ONE SIZE FITS MOST. Most water heaters use this HEX TYPE (6-sided top that looks like a bolt) ¾”or 0.80” diameter anode. A few water heaters do use a “hot-water-outlet type” where the anode is part of the the outlet piping. (You may want to check first.)
7. SAVE YOUR TANK AND SAVE $. Magnesium is the best anode rod material used to protect your water heater. This Magnesium sacrificial anode rod will decay instead of your hot water tank. That’s it’s job!
8. INSTALL IN SMALL SPACES. The About Fluid flexible hinged design allows you to install the anode rod in any location, requiring only twelve inches of overhead clearance.
7. Aluminum Zinc Hex Head Flexible Anode Rod (.800" x 3/4" x 44") – Stops Rotten Egg Smelly Water! …
- Sacrificial anode rod for water heater tank made from aluminum-zinc alloy cures rotten egg (sulfur) smell in hot water.
- Replaces water heater tank’s existing magnesium anode rod (hex head only).
- Eliminates rotten egg smell in hot water caused by hydrogen sulfide gas (H2S) and extends service life of water heater tank.
- Segmented flexible design for easy installation
- can be cut to length to fit different size heaters.
- Not recommended when water softener is in use (use a powered anode/cathode instead).
8. Kohree 44" Aluminum Zinc Anode Rod Flexible Water Heater Protection Anode Rod Includes 1 Tape Water Heaters Tank – 3/4" NPT Threads for Rheem, Reliance, Richmond, Kenmore, State, GE
- 【Application】: Size: 44″ long, 3⁄4″ thread, using 1-1 / 16″ socket. It is used to replace the rust bar in the water tank of the water heater. Perfect replacement for Rheem, Reliance, Richmond, Kenmore, State, GE and more.
- 【High Quality Material】:Made of non-toxic aluminum zinc, compared with 316 stainless steel connectors, durable and safe.
- 【Better Protection】: The aluminum zinc hex head anode rod can prevent the water tank from rusting in the metal water tank, and it can absorb the oxidized substances, get rid of rotten egg smells, and prolong the life of the water tank.
- 【Easy Installation】:We provide a roll of tape to tighten the screw, preventing looseness.
- 【100% Customer Satisfaction】Providing high quality products and excellent service has always been our top priority, if you have any questions, feel free to contact us for help.
9. 44" Aluminum Zinc Anode Rod, Eau Get Rid of Rotten Egg Smelling Flexible Water Heater Anode Rod for GE, Rheem, Reliance,Kenmore Water Heater Including 1-1/16" Hex Socket Tool and Teflon – Upgraded
- GET RID OF ROTTEN EGG SMELL – Aluminum Zinc Alloy sacrificial anode rod made of high-quality Aluminum Zinc Alloy that is key element for permanently eliminate rotten egg smell from water tank.
- SIZE – Flexible 44 Inch-long anode rod is hinged into four parts. Each part is less than 12 Inches allowing you to replace anode rods easily even in a narrow space. Just safely cut it shorter with a simple hacksaw.
- ALUMINUM ZINC ANODE ROD KIT – The best choice to extending service life of your water heater tank from corroding is replacing water rod! This water heater anode rod makes it simple with everything you need, Anode Rod, Teflon Sealing Tape and 1-1/16” chrome finished socket, all in one box.
- FITS – Almost all water heaters including
- A.O. smith,Rheem, Reliance, Richmond, Kenmore, State, GE and many more that also use the standard ¾” NPT Anode Rod Connection.
- REPLACEMENT EASILY – Anodes are designed to be easily and regularly replaced. Their only purpose is to decay instead of your water heater, and that’s exactly what it will do. As soon as the anode rod is depleted and fully decayed, the water heater begins to rust, then crack, fail and leak. Inspecting and changing your anode rod every 2 years will keep your water heater’s tank, strong reliable and off your mind!
Eau Aluminum zinc anode rod replacement complete kit include all necessary components:
(1) 44 Inch long Aluminum Zinc Flexible Anode with standard ¾ NPT hex plug connection
(2) Heavy duty 1-1/16” Chrome Socket Tool
(3) Large roll of Teflon Tape
(4) Anode Rod installation instruction
For new version of Aluminum zinc anode rod, we upgrade the formulation of aluminum and zinc which makes anode rod more efficiency ,
and also offer installation instruction for DIYers in case of you unable to get out of rotten egg smell from your water tank.
Aluminum zinc VS Magnesium
Aluminum zinc alloy anode is the cheapest permanent fix for smelling water. Magnesium only solve smelling problem temporarily. If you don’t waste your money and replace your anode again in half year later.
We suggest that Aluminum zinc alloy anode is the best choice. The zinc is a key ingredient, since magnesium anodes will reek water to high heaven.
44 inches Aluminum Zinc Anode Rod:
*one size fits for a.o. smith Rheem, Reliance, Richmond, Kenmore, State, GE water heater
*save your tank and save money
*install in small spaces
Size: 0.8 X 44 inches
1 x Aluminum Zinc Flexible Water Heater Anode Rod
1 x Teflon Tape
1 x 1-1/16” Chrome Socket Tool
1 x Anode Rod installation instruction
10. Magnesium Anode Rod, Magnesium Flexible Water Heater Anode Rod by Podoy for Hot Water Heaters 3/4 inch NPT Thread, Hex Plug, 44” Long & 0.8” Diameter
- ★ ADVANTAGES OF MAGNESIUM ANODE RODS – Magnesium anode rods produce a stronger current than Aluminum rods making them more effective at keeping the water tank from corroding.
- ★ EXTEND LIFE OF YOUR WATER HEATER: Magnesium anode rod gets corroded faster than tank of water heater. Usually you should check magnesium anode rod every 2 years.
- ★ FLEXIBLE DESIGN – This 44 Inch-long rod is hinged into four parts. Each part is less than 12 Inches allowing you to replace anode rodes easily even in a narrow space. Just safely cut it shorter with a simple hacksaw.
- ★ CORROSION PROTECTION: Replacing your anode rod at regular intervals may increase the life of your water heater, saving you money, time and the inconvenience of having to replace your water heater.Anode rod is expected to provide about two years of corrosion protection.
- ★ FITS: Almost all water heaters including
- Rheem, Reliance, Richmond, Kenmore, State, GE and many more that also use the standard ¾” NPT Anode Rod Connection.
A long metal “anode rod” that attracts corrosive elements in the water. When the rod itself becomes so corroded that it can no longer do its job, the tank soon rusts out, leaks and needs replacement. However, if you replace your water heater anode rod before it fails, about every tow years, you can double the life of your water heater.
How to replace your Water Heater Anode Rod?/
Step1: Before you get started, close the shutoff valve, turn on the hot water at a faucet to relieve pressure, and turn off the electricity or gas to the heater. Open the drain valve near the bottom of the tank and drain out several gallons of water. Caution: The water is hot!
Step2: Drain some water from the tank to check for rust. It’s time for a new water heater if you see rusty flakes (not just orange water, which can come from corroded pipes or well water). If the water is clean, remove the rod to check its condition.
Step3: To loosen the rod, you’ll need an air compressor, a 1/2-in.-drive impact wrench and a 1-1/16-in. Even with a breaker bar, it can be nearly impossible to break the anode rod free.
Step4: Turn off the power or gas. Then close the cold-water valve at the top of the tank and drain off several gallons. Loosen the hex head with the impact wrench, but unscrew it the rest of the way by hand.
The hex head may be under a plastic cap. Uncover it, then pull it up and out to check its condition. When the threads break free, stop turning and look for water around the hex head. If you see leakage, drain the tank further. If you don’t have enough overhead clearance to pull the rod out of the tank, bend it as you remove it.
By our suggestions above, we hope that you can found Anode Rod For Ao Smith Water Heater for you.Please don’t forget to share your experience by comment in this post. Thank you!